“We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here NOW with the power to shape your day and your future.”
I read this quote one morning and it sparked a thought and a feeling of empowerment inside me! I was dealing with yet another obstacle in life. Self-loathing and feeling sorry for myself I realized I didn’t want to waste any more time on these kinds of thoughts or feelings. They were demotivating, depressing and boring! It’s boring feeling sorry for yourself. Yes, we all need time to be upset, or angry or frustrated over a situation but once that’s over let’s get back up and keep going!
Since growing older and meeting people from all shapes of life and backgrounds. Iv noticed one major thing in successful people. They keep moving. Whatever it is, they are faced with an obstacle and find a way around it. If the first way doesn’t work, they find another and another.
To do this we must keep momentum, stay driven and hungry for our goals. Do not let setbacks affect you, learn from them and use them to your advantage. See obstacles as a fact of life and stay feeling empowered and believe you will achieve.
Now I know feeling empowered, motivated and strong enough to tackle another day can be difficult sometimes. Everyone has their own individual lives and problems and it’s very easy to get caught up and forget how to empower yourself to face another challenge.
So I have made life a little easier for you, whenever you need a quick pick me up! Quickly try these tips and see which ones work. I can guarantee at least one will give you that boost you need to smash your day!
Set goals – long and short-term –
- Write these goals down. With reasons why? Why do you want to achieve this? Why do you want to buy this or be able to afford this? How will it make you feel when you get it or achieve it? writing goals down and how they will make you feel creates an emotional connection. The drive to achieve will be higher once you feel an emotional connection to it. Exercise –
- Go to the gym, go outside for a jog. Do a home workout. Any kind of exercise is proven to improve your mood and motivation. Starting the day with exercise is ideal! Even though it’s hard to find the motivation sometimes, afterward you will feel accomplished and ready to accomplish more throughout your day.
Write down goals that you’ve achieved in the past –
- Taking note of things you’ve already achieved. Whether it’s learning a new skill, passing a driving test. Securing a new job, building a relationship. Will give you momentum and create a positive feeling. Be proud of all you’ve achieved already and believe you have the power to continue. You may even ask a friend or spouse to recall your memory. Keep this list with you. During harder times look back at this list as an uplifting reminder of your power.
Practice Self Love –
- Notice what gives you comfort or your own needs. Pamper time, watching your favorite movie. Going for a walk with some feel-good music playing. Do anything that you enjoy to make yourself feel that little better. We all need to practice self-love more in my opinion. Take some time for yourself, or some time out! Then get back up and keep going.
Surround yourself with positive, strong people and empower each other –
- ‘You are the company you keep’ Is such a true statement. If you notice the people around you are negative, always moaning or putting limits on themselves and others. Stay away! Surround yourself with positive people, may sound cliche but trust me! You will feel uplifted and empowered if you empower each other. Give someone the boost they need and they will do the same for you.
These are a few tips and I’m sure there are plenty more! It is a life skill to motivate and empower yourself and others. It is something we should practice often until it becomes second nature. Then we can become the best version of ourselves. Which is the goal!
Deal with issues better, don’t let emotions get in the way of important things and handle life like a BOSS!
Thanks for having a read! I hope you feel empowered and motivated in some way. Iv put a few links to books that iv read or listened to (audible) and found very helpful and that influenced this post. Knowledge is power.
Top – New Look
Blazer – Vintage shop in Rome
Leggings – Asos
Shoes – Kurt Gieger